Login

Safety Committee

Networking with emergency, law enforcement & others for water safety

Do you know that if the power goes out, most residential fires are caused by the use of candles or kerosene lamps which can easily tip over.  Battery-operated lamps are inexpensive and provide sufficient light to perform daily routine tasks.

If generator power is used during power outages, are they being used safely? Are they at least 25 feet away from dwellings, grounded, and protected from the elements? Are the power cords and power strips in good condition? Do family members know how to start, stop, and fuel a generator safely?